An imposing 17th Century period house, situated in this sought after village just to the North East of Oxford, providing substantial accommodation arranged over three floors, various barns and outbuildings and a separate self contained cottage which is currently used for holiday lets.
The property, built of stone with a later brick addition, has been well maintained and offers a wealth of character features including high ceilings, wood panelling and inglenook fireplaces. The principle reception rooms are all of an exceptional size including the hall with inglenook fireplace, dining room and drawing room with access to the conservatory. There is also a well fitted kitchen breakfast room, tack room, laundry room, cloakroom and scullery with flag stone floor on the ground floor. Upstairs, on the first floor there are five bedrooms to include a spacious master bedroom suite with dressing room and en-suite and a further family bathroom. Three further bedrooms, a bathroom and an attic room can be found on the second floor.
Outside there is a separate two bedroom cottage which has its own private enclosed garden. The current owners let the cottage as holiday accommodation throughout the year and would be happy to assist any purchaser considering the same. There are also further period outbuildings which could be converted, subject to the necessary planning consents.
The beautiful gardens and grounds extend to approximately 2.68 acres and feature a large sun terrace with swimming pool, extensive lawns and mature trees and shrubs. There is also a paddock which adjoins the main garden and limited additional fencing would create a totally enclosed area of c. 1 acre. The gardens are screened by trees offering seclusion and privacy and to the rear of the garden there are lovely views over far reaching countryside and Otmoor. There is ample off street parking for several vehicles to the side of the property. NB There is the possibility of additional land by separate negotiation.
The property was the residence of the famous artist William Logsdail who lived here from 1922-1944 and a blue historical plaque can be found on the front of the house.
Noke is a pretty no through village made up of attractive individual houses and cottages and is surrounded by fields and countryside. The Otmoor Nature reserve is at the far end of the village and there is a 13th Century Church and a large village field with a fabulous children's play area. The neighbouring village of Islip offers a village school with pre school, a general store within the village hall, a doctors surgery with a dispensing pharmacy and two village pubs. Islip also has the advantage of a railway station with a direct service to Oxford and to London Marylebone (c.60 mins). Noke is just c.6 miles North East of Oxford and c.4.5 miles from junction 9 of the M40.
These sales details are prepared for the convenience of prospective purchasers, and are a general outline for guidance. They do not constitute part of an offer or contract. All descriptions, dimensions, references to permission for use or occupation, and any other details, are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of these details. Photographs contained in these details may have been taken with a wide angle lens.